[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net • View topic - Petition to fire Leonard Shapiro and Michael Wilbon of WP

Petition to fire Leonard Shapiro and Michael Wilbon of WP

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.

Petition to fire Leonard Shapiro and Michael Wilbon of WP

Postby ike075 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:27 am

ike075
Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:53 am

Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.
Charm City Sports
Hog

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:15 am

CanesSkins26
Canes Skin
Canes Skin

Postby jeremyroyce » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:47 am

jeremyroyce
Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:09 am

"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.
absinthe1023
Hog

Postby MossIsBoss88 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:24 am

MossIsBoss88
piggie

Postby absinthe1023 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:30 am

"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.
absinthe1023
Hog

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:01 am

CanesSkins26
Canes Skin
Canes Skin

Postby forskins » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:02 am

forskins
Hog

Postby Snout » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:15 am

Snout
Hog

Postby roybus14 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:53 am

Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....
roybus14
Hog

Postby BossHog » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:44 am

BossHog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ike075 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:59 am

ike075
Hog

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:00 am

Deadskins
JSPB22
JSPB22

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:19 am

langleyparkjoe
**LPJ**
**LPJ**

Postby ike075 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:35 am

ike075
Hog

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 am

langleyparkjoe
**LPJ**
**LPJ**

Re: Petition to fire Leonard Shapiro and Michael Wilbon of W

Postby spenser » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 pm

I used to somewhat like Wilbon. I have lost any and all respect for that gutterball. What a piece of crap
spenser
Hog

Postby roybus14 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 pm

Ike,

You make a very good point in your second post. I personally don't blame Sean for any of this and it's not respectful for anyone to blame him but some people will, whether we like it or not.

Those values and things "sacred" that many of us grew up on are no longer prevelent. We live in a "shock", "reality t.v." and ratings driven society. So when people do get a chance to speak on something, you have to take it with that grain of salt because of the time we live in. People put their feet in their mouth all the time and it has happened throughout the history of news and t.v./radio.

I'm saddened by all of this and at the same time angry because Sean had turned the corner in his life and was growing into a good man and now he's gone.....
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....
roybus14
Hog

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:51 pm

RIP Sean Taylor
Fios
The Evil Straw
The Evil Straw

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman
riggofan
HereComesTheDiesel
HereComesTheDiesel

Postby Hooligan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:32 pm

Hooligan
Hog

Postby Zdevils » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Zdevils

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:00 pm

I've been a Redskins fan my entire life, 31 years at this point, and I can remember ONE instance of a criminal breaking into a player's home and fatally shooting him in his bedroom. That player is Sean Taylor. So, yes, I was shocked.
I can not understand why some actual missteps and some alleged and often falsified missteps are somehow supposed to mitigate the shock I felt when hearing that a person of Sean's stature was shot in his own home.
RIP Sean Taylor
Fios
The Evil Straw
The Evil Straw

Postby ike075 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Few points of clarification. I do not believe anyone on THN started the petition. Second, the main issue I found was in Shapiro's article and while I didn't like Wilbon's I do believe a little more sensitivity was necessary for a legit home town paper. Third, I do believe that some of the comments that have been made of Sean Taylor have crossed the line to the extent of slander which is not protected under the freedom of speech act and they need to wait until facts are brought out before making these type of accusations.

Just my humble opinion.

Ikester
ike075
Hog

Postby SkinMeAlive » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:04 pm

The answer to your question of "Wouldn't you have been more shocked if this happened to another Redskins player" is No for me.

Any time anyone is senselessly murdered it is shocking. That's why it's called "murder". To me, this is no less shocking than the murder of any President, although they get the fancy term "Assassination".

Any way I look at this, a life was taken for no good reason. Past offenses or perceived offenses in no way explain or justify the situation.

The media frenzy of factless speculations and half-truths is a complete injustice to those affected both directly and indirectly by this tragedy. The last thing I want to read or hear is half-witted speculation about "why".

And I'd prefer not to hear any media garbage about seeking "justice" because there is no such thing. Murdering someone who murdered someone simply eliminates the second person. It does not bring the first person back.

Sometimes the media should show the common decency of either commenting only on positives and facts, or of simply not commenting.
My 2 cents
Voltaire (1694-1778) "This is no time to make new enemies." (When asked on his deathbed to foreswear Satan.)
SkinMeAlive
swine

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:09 pm

btw Did anybody actually bother to read Wilbon's article and think about it? Its a great article, and I think you're mistaken that its derogatory towards Sean at all.

He makes no assumptions about the murder and says nothing bad about Sean's character at all.

The whole point of the article is that many people, not just athletes, need to put as much distance between themselves and bad elements from their youth as possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman
riggofan
HereComesTheDiesel
HereComesTheDiesel

Postby ike075 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:11 pm

ike075
Hog

Postby BossHog » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:16 pm

BossHog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SkinMeAlive » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:23 pm

SkinMeAlive
swine

Postby VRIEL1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 pm

VRIEL1
Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 pm

#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17
SKINFAN
Hog

Postby ike075 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:02 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

Police Theorize Taylor Was Victim of Botched Burglary
MIAMI, Nov. 28 -- Miami-Dade police said Wednesday they have no suspects in the Sean Taylor murder investigation and appealed for assistance from the public in solving the crime, saying evidence collected so far indicates that the Washington Redskins safety was a random victim of a botched burglary attempt.

Police have "no reason" to think the incident was anything other than an attempted burglary, one likely involving more than one intruder, Miami-Dade Police Department Director Robert Parker said at a news conference at police headquarters.

"There is nothing that indicates that this was something that involved Sean," Parker said. "We're more along the lines, or the thought process, that this was a random occurrence."

Now clearly all the facts have not been uncovered yet but this is exactly why I was saying these reporters need to shut up and let the cops do their job instead of dragging a murdered man name through the mud.

Ikester
ike075
Hog

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:15 am

Hail to the Redskins!

Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way
KazooSkinsFan
kazoo
kazoo

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:36 am

langleyparkjoe
**LPJ**
**LPJ**

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:10 pm

Hail to the Redskins!

Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way
KazooSkinsFan
kazoo
kazoo

Postby 1niksder » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:51 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off
1niksder

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:15 pm

***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning
RedskinsFreak
-------
-------

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute