[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net • View topic - Couldn't stay away from this game...

Couldn't stay away from this game...

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.

Couldn't stay away from this game...

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:56 pm

I tried going to a Redskins game for my first time this year. It was the Ravens pre-season game that got rained out.

I've been a fan as long as I can remember (20+ years ago or so)

It's not that I'm any less of a fan for not going, or that I've never had anyone offer me tickets. The issue is my eyesight.

Fact is that I'm legally blind. I was always concerned that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game because I wouldn't be able to see it.

Even though the Ravens game was rained out, it confirmed my fears.

We were in section 201 row 5, and I couldn't keep up with the play on the field. I couldn't see it.

I could see the players, but I couldn't see the ball. I determined that I probably wouldn't try that again, because it's much easier for me to see the game on TV.

This game however, I couldn't stay away from. I've got to be there. Our team needs us.

I got the best tickets I thought would get me close enough to be able to see at least some of the game, so I got Section 11 row 2 (endzone)

I'm also going to try and get one of those Kangaroo thinga-ma-jigs.

I really don't even care if I can see the game. To be honest, I'm not there for the game. I'm going to be there for the 53 guys that have to move on without their friend and teamate.

I'm going because it's the only way I can think of to properly show my respects for ST.

And though I may not be able to see very well, I can yell with the best of 'em!

Looking forward to meeting some of you this weekend for tailgating.

I'll be the guy wearing the dark red sunglasses...and one of the many wearing the Taylor home (white) jersey.

Bob 0119
The Punisher
The Punisher

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:50 pm

langleyparkjoe
**LPJ**
**LPJ**

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Bob 0119
The Punisher
The Punisher

Postby ANT7088 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:18 pm

AnTsSkInZ
ANT7088
~~~~
~~~~

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:28 pm

RIP Sean Taylor
Fios
The Evil Straw
The Evil Straw

Re: Couldn't stay away from this game...

Postby redskinmountaineer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:29 pm

redskinmountaineer

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Last edited by Bob 0119 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob 0119
The Punisher
The Punisher

Re: Couldn't stay away from this game...

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Bob 0119
The Punisher
The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Bob 0119
The Punisher
The Punisher

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute