[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net • View topic - Is Tiger Toast

Is Tiger Toast

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Is Tiger Toast

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:00 am

I'm not sure how much he cares any more. I know he wants to win but does he want to win enough to do what it takes? His head bobs up and down worse than mine. I used to watch him hit a soft fade with a 3-wood and out drive most of the field. Now his length is almost average and his fade has become an out-and-out block/slice or, worse yet, a double cross smother hook.

Oh, and he's not the world's best putter any more.

I was never a fan and his treatment of YE Yang while getting abused at the PGA coupled with his "indiscretions" put him firmly in my "anybody but Tiger" camp.

I think he is toast.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Re: Is Tiger Toast

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 am

I think you are right. I was once awed by his power and skill...
I think his head is no longer in it... he goes through the motions.

It's a real shame... he was going to be the greatest ever... but he appears to have simply been a nova, now receding to a supporting character.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America
Countertrey
the 'mudge
the 'mudge

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:00 am

I'm not so sure - maybe I just want him to be a really good golfer again ....

this guy has an unbelievable ability to focus on what he needs to do to be better ...

hopefully, deep down inside, he really wants to get there again - he can do it

it's not going to be easy but I wouldn't bet against him winning another major
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Deadskins
JSPB22
JSPB22

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:26 pm

He thinks to much.. needs to just hit it.
he also doesnt appear to have fun anymore... sure fire way to not play your best.

His injuries and surgeries set back his mental game more then his physical game imho.

He will be back. Count it.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley
cowboykillerzRGiii
CKRGiii
CKRGiii

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 pm

watched some of Tiger's play this weekend and that is a really good looking swing

be interesting to see him after he gets some practice time in on his short game
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:46 pm

after he got busted with his pants down and using his 9 iron for things other than golf i thing he has lost that " something " that he had to be such a gr8 golfer ..... golf is a mental game more than physical ..... so yes is he toast !
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!
redskinz4ever

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Tiger's golf game is in a terrible place right now and I'm not sure he can find a way back ...

what a mess
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby Deadskins » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Deadskins
JSPB22
JSPB22

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 pm

I suppose it could get even worser:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:19 am

Is that a selfie?
Deadskins
JSPB22
JSPB22

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 am

I don't see the guy holding a camera.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:58 am

Deadskins
JSPB22
JSPB22

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:47 am

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:53 am

Deadskins
JSPB22
JSPB22

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:00 pm

SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:01 pm

As much as I am a Tiger fan

his personal battles health,
emotional and relationships
has turned what was once
a dominate force in golf

And is now just struggling
to barely get by on his
"good name"
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH
TexasCowboy
Hog

Postby Countertrey » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Tiger is done.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America
Countertrey
the 'mudge
the 'mudge

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Id like to also add- a HUGE reason Tiger will never be as dominate is because he gave birth to the new era golfers.. Not just the young bucks who (like me) idolized him - Rory, Rickie, etc etc... but Phil hit the weights, hell look at big boy Daily now!!
Gone is the beer drinkin over weight golfers, in is the athletic players who have taken away one of his advantages and levelled the playing field.I have no idea how hos short game has suffered so, the yips?!? But should he regajn that I forsee a comeback
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley
cowboykillerzRGiii
CKRGiii
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:15 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii
CKRGiii
CKRGiii

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:01 am

I believe Tiger beats Jack if they both are playing at their best against each other using the clubs and balls of the modern era

I do not believe Tiger would beat Jack using the clubs and balls that Jack played with
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:04 pm

Masters round 1 = big day for Tiger. Bogey on #1.

Should be interesting. Tom Watson shot 71.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 am

Tiger certainly quieted a lot of critics - now he just needs to build on that ...

and starting with a birdie on the 1st hole of round 2 is a good thing for everyone :lol:

btw - Tom Watson bogeyed the 1st [-X
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 pm

After 11, Tiger looking like Tiger and Tom at 5 over after 7 ... :lol:
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:38 pm

He's through 11 on Friday and is 11 strokes back but only 5 strokes out of 2nd and 3 strokes out of 3rd.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:39 am

I'll bet there were a lot of detractors that could not imagine a Tiger & Rory pairing + only 1 pair of golfers between them and the leaders

of the final 6 - the only guy I could not stand to see winning is the whiny Justin Rose
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:21 am

what a great Masters golf tournament - one of the best ever
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:03 pm

I don't like the whiny little toad ...

Tiger needs to get a much better percentage of drives in the fairway - 2/14 does not cut it
SkinsJock
08 Champ
08 Champ

Postby redskinz4ever » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:40 pm

burnt toast .... that guy is done !!!!
redskinz4ever

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:40 am

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby redskinz4ever » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:28 am

seems like without the "OUTLET"for stress he is just another golfer
redskinz4ever

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Yes

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!
DarthMonk
DarthMonk
DarthMonk

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:43 pm

I'd say in major's he's pretty much done, especially with Fowler, Snedecker and Mcilroy
playing as well as they have, Tiger can't compete with the next generation of "golfers"
but what's sad, truly sad, Is Tiger won't admit it! to the point where? he needs to step
away from the bigger picture and begin playing at tournaments, where the winning or
the money isn't important. Regaining the game he's lost should be the main focus

tournies like? The Travler's Championship, In Cromwell CT, a place where some
good names come out to play each year, again it's about the game needing to be
elevated this course I believe gives him that, But Eldrick not Tiger isn't going to
allow this to happen

So he'll just have to suffer and eventually realize the roar of the Tiger
is now just the mere pure of a kitten
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH
TexasCowboy
Hog

Return to The Lounge