[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - Depth Chart - Defense

Depth Chart - Defense

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Depth Chart - Defense

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:43 pm

At the end of last year it looked something like this:

Jenkins Baker Hatcher

Kerrigan Riley Robinson Miller

Breeland Thomas Clark Amerson

Now it looks more like this:

PAEA KNIGHTON HATCHER w/BAKER AND FRANCOIS IN ROTATION

KERRIGAN ROBINSON RILEY MILLER w/KEARSE, MURPHY AND COMPTON IN ROTATION

HALL IHENACHO ROBINSON CULLIVER w/BREELAND, AMERSON, AND THOMAS IN ROTATION

The line is brand new, better, bigger, deeper. The corners are a very good group. The backers ( - Riley?) could be real good. We've done more at safety than people realize. There are guys we can let go (or not) and gain as much as $10-$15 M if we really wanted to. We haven't even drafted yet.

I like what I see.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Re: Depth Chart - Defense

Postby yupchagee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 pm

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 pm

We all hope Thomas can develop...
I also hope Harcher can play more, but it looks as tho when he is out we wont have as much drop off as last year.. the Dline looks to be a strength now with solid depth. Where does run stuffing Jarvis Jenkins figure in to the mix?
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Prowl33 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 pm

The big thing is, those 3 guys up front change EVERYTHING for the other 8 guys.

You can get creative in bringing the OLBs for a rush

Your ILBs can play in coverage

Pressure on the QB means your DBs can jump routes easier and get more takeaways

Penetration to the backfield means better run stopping, less runs, and more predictable play from an offense

The benefits go on and on...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 am

getting better play out of our offensive and defensive lines should not be too difficult considering ... the additions on defense are great to see - we should also see better play from our offensive line this year but that's not going to be hard to achieve either

the key is to add about 7 good starters on defense and about 4-5 on offense before the 2017 season

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys continue to add good young players here
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)

Hog

Postby Prowl33 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:08 am

Im hoping if we stay at #5 we get Donte Fowler... kid is very smart and skilled, and with this d line and kerrigan would be ridiculous. The way we would be able to move him around disguise him in coverage, swap him and kerrigan...qbs would not be able to figure us out at the line and assign blockers.

Postby yupchagee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:35 am

Skins fan since '55

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 pm

I may be missing something, but why at this point is Miller starting over Murphy?

It is still very clear DB and DE are our areas of concern. I think I am beginning to understand what Scot wants to do at the DE position and don't disagree with it --- as long as we have OLBs that can apply pressure. We have one in Kerrigan, but that isn't enough and neither Murphy nor Miller have the ability to execute this on the other side. Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Scot draft an OLB at #5.

That said, DB would still be the more obvious choice..... we still need another DE, though.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Looks like we've got a new SS, for now at least. Let's see what Jeron Johnson can do.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:50 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 pm

^
Riggo- is there OLB top 5 talent out there this year?? I dont follow NCAA super close.. didnt know much about Kerrigan when we drafted him, and we all knowbhow well that worked out.
I reserve hope for past draftees- Thomas, Amerson, and Murphy.. Murphy wasn't Rak his rookie year but he was serviceable- when he wasn't making bonehead penalties that is.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm

I think we've done well since January to shore up SS. Bringing back Inenacho and signing Jeron Johnson were both good moves. I anticipate that those two will fight it out for the starting job, and Philip Thomas is still there to provide additional depth. All of that seems solid to me. Maybe our long-term starter isn't in this group, but I have confidence that this position will be stronger than it has been in years.

Of course, free safety is still a disaster waiting to happen. Trenton Robinson as a backup is OK I guess but doesn't inspire confidence. I've never been a fan of the talk of moving Hall to safety — I remember back when Springs made the same kind of noise, and it just never made sense to me. We need a starter to come from somewhere.

Hog

Postby oj » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Molon Labe

Postby yupchagee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Skins fan since '55

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:20 am

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby oj » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Molon Labe

Hog

Postby Bishop Hammer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:15 am

Digging the new defense. On paper it looks way better than the previous units, of the last three years. Note how I wrote on paper.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team