[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - Would/should we trade RG3 for a 1st round pick?

Would/should we trade RG3 for a 1st round pick?

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: Would/should we trade RG3 for a 1st round pick?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:03 am

Rigggght... and I watched every game objectively as well.. can you say the same? I saw Kirk lead the league in turn overs.. I saw Colt hit lbs in the endzone and Robert get sacked (often) instead of throw it away.
No qb looked good behind the line that rgprekneeinjury made "look" better. The backyard football HS nonsense is a cop out that uneducated posters and fans throw out. He couldnt have broken as many records, including most accurate Rookie of all time, on just a fluke. I KNOW 2012 is gone- and have no hope for the same type of performance. I want better, and matured passing.. I just dont think your tanted opinion means that Robert is as bad as you hope he is.

You dont know me, nor my educated opinions (weren't u that guy so fed up w losing you "didn't waste time watching" this past year??), so dont come at me bruh.. intoxicated off 2012? And what your intoxicated on Colts mediocre win vs dullass?? :Scoff: That was way more our D, surprisingly, then any masterful performance from the qb. We don't have any better options, so instead of bitching every day about Robert- and you know you do- why not support our starter for once? Who knows, maybe youll actually feel good about rooting for us, knowing his journey has been a tough uphill climb.. If/when that changes, ill gladly sing Hail To ______ <---- insert any qb that leads us back to the playoffs with you man.

We get it. You hate Robert. Try a new thought out for once... sob
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Prowl33 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:42 am

Cowboy and oldschool... 2 opposite sides of the refskins QB spectrum.

First Cowboy, the reason Robert wont do what he did in 2012 has nothing to do with his ankle. Its a few different things...

1) His play was a mix between his athletic ability and a system designed to simplify and confuse defenses to the point where simple 1 read passes were possible. Robert executed them very very well

2) Teams understand how to defend that better now, it can still be effective, but not nearly as much so better pocket skills are needed

3) Robert doesnt want to use his skills like that anymore, he wants to be a pure pocket passer, and he may or may not be able to succeed that way, it is yet to be seen

Oldschool...

Cousins may be able to develop into a more consistent passer, he is good in the pocket, he can be accurate, he can throw the big ball, he can progress through his reads, and he has good awareness in the pocket. Issue is can he get rid of his inconsistency with ball placement for those interceptions? He very likely can, but no one knows yet... I feel like Gruden sees something we dont... because on paper Cousins fits Grudens system perfectly. It may be a confidence or resilience thing to bounce back from adversity and/or be a leader we heard a little about during the season.... who knows.

I think both can be starting qbs somewhere in the nfl.... give me them over ej manuel or geno or some of these other bums any day... but I dont think either will be starting next year... or maybe not even on the team.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:45 am

I'm just so bored with the RGIII discussion. Love him, hate him, whatever.

I assume he's going to have a chance to prove he can play this season. Time to put up or shut up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:28 am

“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Prowl33 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 am

Really depends on the person in both aspects. Cousins can gain confidence, its a state of mind, and in a good situation he may do great... or he may revert... depends on how sharp and strong he can be mentally and emotionally.

Griffin... being quick to make the right decision and being smart and remembering plays are 2 different things. He can have every play memorized but when it comes time to that split second decision can he make the right one? That is yet to be seen.

Our QB depth to me is our downfall, we got 3 qbs that anyone cab argue should start... so it will create friction and controversy till there is only 1 clear starter viewed by coaches, media, and fans and we will struggle till that stops.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:45 pm

RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Postby yupchagee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 am

RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piggie

Postby RG3peat » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Id take Foles in a heartbeat....but I WOULD trade RG3 for a 1st rd pick and keep Cousins..build a team around ANY QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Would we trade Griffin for a 1st round pick? undoubtedly

Should we trade Griffin for a 1st round pick? unquestionably

so what - that's just argumentative and completely unrealistic

the reality is this franchise is going through a rebuilding process that is going to take a few years ...

we have time to build an offensive line and re make the defense while we are determining who is going to be the QB of the future

we do not need to make a trade Griffin at this time + we will not make a trade for Griffin unless another franchise makes us a stupid offer

we do not know for sure what we have with this QB (well those of us with any sense, do not, that's for sure) :lol:
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)

Hog

Postby Bishop Hammer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:41 am

I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:28 pm

There are many here that are not understanding or really believing that this franchise is now being managed very differently

everybody, players coaches and front office staff are going to be held accountable for what they do and how well they do it
this applies to the roster make up and the guys who will be playing each and every week - huge changes are in store here ...

we have not had that happen here since Snyder took over and while I can understand that some are going to want to wait and see that things will be different, it seems fairly obvious that Scot and Jay are primarily making the decisions here and Snyder is 'supporting' this

all of the players and especially players like the QBs, that did not play even close to what was expected will be closely monitored and they will be given every chance to show that they can do better or they will be gone

there's no rush - the changes in store for this franchise are for the long term - we are not going to suddenly be much better

the process will take time but there will be very few players on this roster in 2017 that were here last season

RG3 has the same challenge as anyone else - show that you can play better or you will be gone

by the same token, there's no need to not keep players that might prove to be contributors here in 2017 and beyond
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team